- Systems engineering, requirements definition, verification and validation
- Project management, schedule, budget and resource management, planning and execution
- Technical writing, documentation and configuration management
- Mechanical design and CAD (Solidworks, Creo, Fusion 360)
- Rapid prototyping and fabrication (CNC milling, 3D printing, carpentry, welding, casting)
- Embedded system/microcontroller development (C/C++, Linux and Atmel platforms)
- Low-speed digital and interface circuitry design and prototyping
- Printed circuit board assembly schematic design and layout (Orcad, Allegro, EagleCAD)
- Application and web development (C/C++, Python, Ruby, PHP, CSS, HTML, others)
Recent Work Experience
Blue Origin, LLC Kent, WA
Technical Project Manager March 2018–Present
- Lead engineer and project manager for New Shepard booster avionics subsystem.
- Supervised integrated product team to support design, manufacturing, test, and flight operations.
- Generated subsystem specifications, architecture descriptions; configuration and verification artifacts.
- Reviewed component specifications, drawings, test plans, procedures, and qualification reports.
- Guided systems engineering verification process for booster avionics in preparation for manned flight.
- Responsible for planning, staffing profile, schedule, budget, and project oversight to meet business goals.
Avionics Engineer Jan 2015–March 2018
- Manufactured, qualified and integrated flight payload support equipment into the New Shepard capsule.
- Supported day-of launch operations for initial paid customer payload flights.
- Designed electrical hardware and mechanical enclosures for avionics hardware-in-the-loop test facility.
- Provided hands-on manufacturing and sustaining engineering support for avionics vehicle integration.
- Supported PCBA procurement and quality process development as part of a larger manufacturing team.
- Authored company-wide electronic hardware configuration control and documentation standards.
Engineering Intern June 2014–Dec 2014
- Designed customer-facing payload interface hardware, including mechanical and electrical hardware design, and software development, from concept through project delivery.
Pacific Science Center Seattle, WA
Camp-In Lead / Summer Camp Lead Teacher 2006–2007, 2011–2013 (Seasonal)
- Lead overnight and summer camps for grades K-12
- Developed and taught science curriculum for robotics and software development for grades 7–12
Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA
Masters of Science in Robotic Systems Development 2013–2014
- Lead the power subsystem team developing Google Lunar X Prize rover.
- Developed a prototype dexterous robot for on-orbit spacecraft inspections.
University of Washington Seattle, WA
Non-Matriculated Graduate Coursework 2012–2013
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science 2003–2007
- Undergraduate Research Assistant 2006–2007
Additional Work Experience and Community Activities
- Bishop’s Committee, St. Columba’s Episcopal Church — Kent, WA 2020
- FIRST Robotics Team Mentor, Kentridge High School — Kent, WA 2015–2019
- Android Application QA Tester, True North Service, Inc. — Seattle, WA 2012
- Web Developer, Self Employed — Seattle, WA 2011
- Shop Assistant for Lauren Osmolski, Artist Blacksmith — Seattle, WA 2010
- Computer Technician for Midland Bible Church and T3 Solutions, Inc. — Midland, TX 2007–2010